Microfilm Scanning FAQ
- Projects containing black & white TIFFs or black & white PDFs will be much smaller. We can usually fit many rolls of these types of files on a single DVD.
- Projects containing grayscale TIFFs must always be delivered on USB hard drive due to their large size.
My microfilm contains 2-up frames (left and right facing pages microfilmed together as a single frame) -- can you split them into separate left and right pages?
- 35mm microfilm (rolls):
- 9-13x: Books, photographs, and manuscripts
- 14-16x: 1-up newspaper frames
- 16-21x: 2-up newspaper frames
- 16-24x: Engineering drawings
- 16mm microfilm (rolls):
- 24-25x: Letter and legal-sized documents microfilmed at standard reduction
- 26-32x: Letter and legal-sized documents microfilmed using a copy board
- 26-36x: Green bar tractor feed computer printouts and other wide format documents
- 32-42x and higher: Duplex microfilm (two rows of frames — front and back of each document)
- Microfiche (sheets):
- 24-25x: Standard reduction for normal step & repeat and jacketed fiche
- 40-48x: COM microfiche
- 50x and higher: Ultrafiche